Wondering if midwives are covered by insurance? Good news, they are! Our professionals have been tailoring insurance for midwives and birth centers for more than 25 years. In fact, our professionals pioneered "The Midwife Plan" which is compromised of essential insurance for midwives and birth centers. Our own midwifery advisory board oversees underwriting with A+ rated insurance companies.
Research and development are funded by AABC, ACNM, NACPM, MANA, and numerous other professional and industry experts. Our team will work with you to develop a program that fits your needs and budget. Reach out today to learn more about medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers.
The Midwife Plan Protects:
- Certified Professional Midwives (CPM)
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM)
- Licensed Midwives (LM)
- Substitute Midwives
- Allied healthcare providers
- Physicians, surgeons, and medical directors
- Employees, contractors, and students
- Home birth, birth center birth, and hospital birth
- Birthing centers and clinics
- Schools of midwifery
The Midwife Plan protects you from:
- Advice or service negligence or harm
- VBAC claims
- Mistakes leading to lawsuits and damages
- Punitive damages (where insurable)
- License investigation and disciplinary expenses
- Legal defense expenses in the event of a claim
- Lost wages to attend trials in defense of a claim
- Wrongful business practices
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Bodily injury to visitors on your premises
- Loss of income due to equipment failure or damage
- Replacing or repairing broken equipment
- Damaged, lost, or stolen business personal property
- Injury or property damage caused by your employees
- Employment-related claims
- Burglary, vandalism, weather-related events
- Cyber breach and stolen client data
- False advertising, slander, or libel claims
- Opportunistic lawsuits
- Employee claims from work-related illnesses or injuries
- Loss of income due to an inability to work or disability
Are midwives covered by insurance?
If you are wondering if insurance covers midwives, the answer is yes! Medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers is available for all levels of certified midwives, allied healthcare providers, schools of midwifery, and more. You can tailor a comprehensive program with the necessary insurance for midwives and birth centers that covers all of your business risks, from car insurance to service negligence, to VBAC claims, and employee work-related claims. It is important to work with an insurance professional that has expertise in insurance for midwives and birth centers to ensure you are adequately protected.
Is it hard to obtain medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers?
Obtaining medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers is similar to other insurance policies that you may have purchased. First, you fill out an application that your agent will submit to an insurance company. Once your application is underwritten and approved, your policy will be issued, and the premium will need to be paid. Insurance for midwives and birth centers is critical for protecting your business in the event the unexpected happens.
What does malpractice insurance for midwives cost?
The cost for medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers will depend on your unique situation. Just like your car insurance or your homeowner’s insurance, the information you submit on the application will help underwriters determine your level of risk which is directly related to the cost of the policy. In general, medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers is more cost effective than the consequences of not having it. Should the expected happen, your medical malpractice insurance will cover many expenses that you would otherwise have to pay out of pocket. Most businesses cannot afford to be at risk. An insurance professional with expertise in medical malpractice insurance for midwives and birth centers can answer your questions.
MEET YOUR INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Medical Malpractice Insurance
Protection for your practice, reputation, and financial assetsLearn More: Protection for your practice, reputation, and financial assets
Business Interruption Insurance
Income protection from business interruptionLearn More: Income protection from business interruption
General Liability Insurance
Business protection from third-party lawsuitsLearn More: Business protection from third-party lawsuits
HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR?
Who Needs Malpractice Insurance In Your PracticeLearn More: Who Needs Malpractice Insurance In Your Practice
170+ Locations to Serve YouView all locations: 170+ Locations to Serve You