Consider Protecting Your:
- Plumbing or electrician business
- Carpenter and roofing business
- Sheetrock or painting business
- Handyman business
At World Insurance Associates LLC, we can help you protect your business by sourcing the right insurance plan for your needs. We offer various contractors insurance products for our clients, including:
- Carpenter Business Insurance
- Electrician Insurance (including Self-Employed Electrician Insurance)
- Handyman Business Insurance
- Liability Insurance for a plumbing business
- Roofing Business Insurance
The level of insurance coverage you need as an independent contractor can vary, but generally, your coverage should include at least the following:
- General Liability: Protects contractors from incidents such as property damage, faulty work, and injury lawsuits. General liability insurance should be in place before work begins.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Protects business vehicles and equipment while in transit.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Protects contractors and employees financially from workplace injuries.
We can also recommend optional protections you might need, depending on your business operations.
Contractors insurance is essential for financial protection against legal fees, attorney costs, lawsuits, and other related business expenses. Our experts have decades of experience working with contractors and tradespeople. We will explain your options and tailor a bespoke contractors insurance plan that makes sense for your business.
Protect Yourself From:
- Negligence in construction of a building or structure
- Mistakes leading to lawsuits and damages
- Harm or injury caused by your services
- Damage from faulty design, planning, workmanship, and materials
- Environmental or pollution exposures
- Vehicle accidents and damage
- Damage to equipment, tools, and materials during transport
- Replacing or repairing broken equipment, owned and leased
- Damaged, lost, or stolen business personal property
- Injury or property damage caused by your employees
- Employment-related claims
What is Contractors Insurance?
Contractors insurance is a form of commercial insurance that’s specifically designed for contractors. Most contractors policies include contractors liability insurance, and they may include a number of other coverages. Often, the exact coverages that a policy has can be customized for a contractor’s particular line of work.
Who Should Consider Getting a Contractors Policy?
Any contractor may benefit from having a contractors policy. General contractors, certainly, can use the protections that these policies provide. They're far from the only contractors who should consider getting a policy, though.
What Coverages Do Contractors Policies Provide?
Since contractors’ insurance needs vary, the coverages offered by contractors policies also vary. Nevertheless, there are some coverages that many policies provide either as standard or optional protections. A few of these include: Contractors Liability Insurance, Contractor Equipment Coverage, Equipment Leased or Rented from Others Coverages, Commercial Auto Coverage.
Does Contractors Liability Insurance Cover Employee Injuries?
While contractors liability insurance may cover injuries that other people sustain and are caused by a contractor, it doesn’t generally provide protection for injuries that contractors or their employees sustain while on the job. Employee injuries are normally covered by workers compensation insurance, which is usually purchased separately.
MEET YOUR INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Commercial Auto InsuranceLearn More: Insurance coverage for your drivers and vehicles
Surety & BondingLearn More: Protect your clients and guarantee your work
HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR?
Specialty Business Insurance Products That Protect Your BusinessLearn More: Specialty Business Insurance Products That Protect Your Business
170+ Locations to Serve YouView all locations: 170+ Locations to Serve You