Brewster, New York
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports To: Commercial Lines Manager
Summary: Seven (7) years or more experience. Analyzes, answers, and services requests by mail, telephone, or in person from agency clients, new customers or others for information concerning the customer's insurance accounts and/or the agency's products and services, and to support the sales and management staff in the collection, processing, and servicing of information necessary to service the agency's clients, new customers or others by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other dutoes may be assigned:
- Manage, administer, and service all aspects of the clients' accounts assigned, including but not limited to renewals, endorsements, changes, policy questions, billings, new business and claims.
- Identify opportunities to expand coverages to existing customers.
- Assist the account executive/producer with remarketing accounts when necessary.
- Maintain and manage department customer computer and hard copy files to support and document all customer information.
- Follow all department and systems workflows and procedures.
- Process, maintain and support the following activities: applications, quoting, binders, endorsements, renewals, audits, cancellations, certificates of insurance, evidences of insurance, ID cards, billings of premiums and related billing transactions, claims, and other related duties.
- Maintain professional skills through attending industry related educational seminars and CE classes.
- Cooperate and support with all members of the department and the agency.
- Searches company records to obtain information requested by customer.
- Interprets policy provisions for the agency's customers.
- Mails or gives out specified forms and routes completed forms to various units for processing.
- Analyzes policy transactions and corrects company records to adjust errors.
- Composes formal synopses of company and competitor policies for use by sales force.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities for the accounts and customers assigned to the account representative.
- Responsible to manage and service a larger book of business for the department.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact.
World Insurance Associates LLC is an EEO Employer